Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Phobia

I was visiting a friend in her tea stall this morning when out of the corner of my eye, I see something move. I look down and see this huge cockroach not too far from my feet. For those who are not familiar with cockroaches in Asia, they have long antennas and are 3-4 times bigger than their American relatives. Oh, and they fly. Think roaches on steroids with wings. That's what we've got here.

Another friend was telling me a roach flew right into her face in the middle of the night when she got up to get a drink of water. She screamed so loud she woke up everyone in the house. What if that happened to me? Yikes!

7 comments:

  1. Pictures! Pictures! Get over the yikes and go get a close up of the giant roach. I understand they can fly as well. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those roaches! They're scary in action. Roaches are super, super, super smart. If one flies into you it must be because he's old and senile, lost control of his wings or something. So you'll have to forgive him, cause he really didn't want to, and then blog the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pictures. Trust me, it was one UGLY BEAST. My friend didn't think twice about stomping on the beast, then took a tissue to wipe the guts off her shoe like it was nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember them when I was in Hong Kong. Sometimes you see one, you will see more. Maybe you will get use to it someday. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know what mom and dad said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all the roaches in my Chinatown apartment are little boogers compare to that big one.

    ReplyDelete